But first, some news that's admittedly kooky and off the rails:
Bike Sharing a sinister plot by the United Nations says Colorado gubernatorial candidate (San Francisco Gate)
"[Bike Sharing /B-Cycle] is bigger than it looks like on the surface, and it could threaten our personal freedoms," -Dan Maes
- The City of Tacoma wants public input in the design phase for "Prarie Line" bike trail (FeedTacoma.com, Tacoma Wheelman's Bicycle Club)
- U.S. Senate bill would fund $3.75 billion in grants for "Livable Communities", vote this month (Streetsblog)
- Amtrak's Coast Starlight (Seattle, Tacoma, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles) improves on-time performance and expands amenities (Seattle Transit Blog)
- TacomaUrbanist highlights the need for open transit data (for Walkscore.com, etc.)
- Sound Transit's revenue forecasts continue to nosedive.
The Pierce County sub-area forecast is down ~25%.
- Pierce Transit planning fare increase to $2. Zone or Distance-based fare is still missing.
Did I miss anything?