|Tacoma Link Expansion: Six Alternatives (12/5/2012)|
External Link: Fill out a survey on Tacoma Link AlternativesYesterday, I was able to attend the Sound Transit open house on Tacoma Link Expansion. Following the last comment period, ST and their consultants compiled a list of 24 distinct corridor alternatives. These alternatives were based on the roughly 300 comments that were filed. If you would like to see maps of each of the corridors, here they are in PDF: (Corridors A-E and Corridors F-K). It's a lot to look at.
|Tacoma Link Alternative |
(Click to zoom in)
Out of 24, now there are SixSo without further ado, the corridor alternatives that made it past the first screen were:
- B1 - 6th Avenue to Union Avenue via Stadium Way and Division St.
- E1 - 19th and Martin Luther King Jr Way via Stadium Way and Division St.
- C1 - 48th and Portland Avenue via E 25th St.
- G1 - Pacific Highway
- D4 - Tacoma Mall via Portland Avenue, 38th/48th St.
- E2 - A variant of E1 with a downtown loop component on Jefferson St.